Minola Review invites entries for its first annual Fiction Contest.
The contests are open to Canadian and international women and non-binary writers anywhere in the world, with a final deadline of midnight (EST) on Dec. 1, 2019. All entries are judged anonymously. The grand prize winner in each category will receive a prize of $750 and publication in Minola Review. The runner-up will receive $100 and publication in Minola Review. All entries will also be considered for standard publication.
Note: Minola Review will only accept submissions from women and non-binary writers. Our 2019 Fiction Contest will be judged by Heather O'Neill.
- Each initial entry consists of one short story (up to 3500 words) OR 1-3 flash pieces (up to 1000 words each) Please put all flash pieces in a single document. Please DO NOT include any identifying information on the document, or in the title the document is saved under.
- Entry fee is required.
- $20 CAD for each initial entry of ONE short story (up to 3500 words) OR 1-3 flash pieces (up to 1000 words each)
- $10 CAD for each subsequent entry consisting of ONE short story (up to 3500 words) OR 1-3 flash pieces (up to 1000 words each)
- Multiple entries are fine. For subsequent entries, please use the link emailed to you confirming receipt of your initial entry, which will direct you to a new submittable page where you can pay the $10 entry fee.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Entry fees will not be refunded.
- Entries already published or accepted elsewhere are ineligible. Previous publication is considered to be any appearance in print or online, including on or in a newspaper, newsletter, magazine, anthology, chapbook, book, website, electronic magazine, personal blog, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Our shortlist will be published at minolareview.com and on our social media accounts. The winner and runner-up will be notified by email, and will be announced in March 2020.