Minola Review invites entries for its first annual Poetry Contest.
The contests are open to Canadian and international women and non-binary writers anywhere in the world, with a final deadline of midnight (EST) on Dec. 1, 2019. All entries are judged anonymously. The grand prize winner in each category will receive a prize of $750 and publication in Minola Review. The runner-up will receive $100 and publication in Minola Review. All entries will also be considered for standard publication.
Note: Minola Review will only accept submissions from women and non-binary writers.
Our 2019 Poetry Contest will be judged by Doyali Islam.
- Each initial entry consists of 1-3 poems, any length, any subject matter, any style. Please put all poems in a single document. Please DO NOT include any identifying information on the document, or in the title the document is saved under.
- Entry fee is required.
- $20 CAD for each initial entry of 1-3 poems
- $5 CAD for each subsequent entry consisting of ONE poem
- Multiple entries are fine. For subsequent entries, please use the link emailed to you confirming receipt of your initial entry, which will direct you to a new submittable page where you can pay the $5 entry fee. Each subsequent entry consists of ONE poem.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Entry fees will not be refunded.
- Entries already published or accepted elsewhere are ineligible. Previous publication is considered to be any appearance in print or online, including on or in a newspaper, newsletter, magazine, anthology, chapbook, book, website, electronic magazine, personal blog, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Our shortlist will be published at minolareview.com and social media accounts. The winner and runner-up will be notified by email, and will be announced in March 2020.